Training Schedule & Class Registration
2017 Training Schedule
Due to certain life changes, we are not planning on running any training classes in CY2018.
We currently have two pistols and two rifles available to rent for our classes. If you don’t own a suitable handgun, don’t wish to drop $100 on extra speedloaders or magazines, or you don’t own a pistol at all, then we have you covered. The guns are available on a first-come first-serve basis. If you need a rental gun, then let us know as soon as you plan to sign up.
The Two rental pistols we have are a Glock 19 (9mm), a TP9SF Elite (9mm). Each gun comes with a holster, double magazine pouch, and three magazines. The two rental rifles are AR15’s, and each one comes with the Load Bearing Equipment needed to hold spare magazines. As always, bringing the ammo is your responsibility. You can shoot any factory-loaded (not reloaded or remanufactured) ammo through our rental guns.
The cost for one rental gun & gear is $30+sales tax added onto the cost of your class, due at the time you pay the deposit. If you need to rent both a rifle and pistol for a Rifle class, then the cost to rent both is $50+sales tax.
Private and Mobile Training
We are also available to conduct training at your location. We can do private training for an individual or group. We can host private classes on our own range or at your location. We can use private property for the training as long as it is safe (there must be a backstop). Use the registration form above if you’re interested in hosting an open enrollment class at your location or doing private training for yourself or your group. Rates for private lessons start at $50/hour per student. For private group classes of at least (4) students, we charge closer to our normal rates ($150 plus possible additional expenses for a one day class).
Register For Class
Class Signup & Payment Instructions
To sign up for one of our classes, follow these steps:
1. Fill out the registration form above.
2. We will contact you for confirmation and to get a few final details. A nonrefundable* 50% deposit locks down your spot in the class(es). We accept cash, check, money orders, and credit/debit cards. You will receive an invoice that you can either pay online with credit/debit card or you can just mail in your cash/check/money order to Appalachian Tactical Academy, PO Box 2350, London, KY 40743.
3. The remainder of the balance is due (5) business days before the class (for normal weekend classes, balance of payment is due on the Monday before the class).
*NOTE: The 50% deposit is nonrefundable except in two specific cases:
1. If Appalachian Tactical Academy cancels the class, then all students will have their deposits refunded.
2. If you have a genuine emergency AND the class is full AND somebody is on the wait list willing to take your spot, then your deposit may be refunded when the alternate’s deposit is received.