ATA Pistol I
Train like a warrior to protect what’s yours at home or on the street.
This isn’t your run-of-the-mill concealed carry class. ATA Pistol I is a one-day crash course about defending yourself during a violent, close-range gunfight. We have stuffed as much information as we possibly can into this eight-hour course, and we are confident that you will have a hard time getting more for your money anywhere else. Pistol I features a great blend of classroom instruction and range time. Expect to fire 300+ rounds of pistol ammunition in dynamic, realistic drills. Great for novices and experienced shooters alike!
- Gun safety for the real world
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- The combative draw stroke
- Clearing malfunctions
- Legal considerations of deadly force
- One-handed shooting
- Shooting while moving
Duration: (1) Day, 8-10 Hours
Sign Up For Our Mailing List
Register for our mailing list and never miss another update from ATA!
Equipment You Will Need
- A duty-style or fighting handgun
- No pocket pistols. A Glock 26-sized gun is about the smallest gun appropriate for the class.
- 400 rounds of quality pistol ammunition
- Magazines or Speedloaders for your gun:
- (3) Double Stack Mags (10+ rounds) -OR-
- (5) Single stack mags (<10 rounds) -OR-
- (6) Speedloaders
- A belt holster that completely covers the trigger guard
- Pouches to hold your spare mags
- A belt capable of holding all the above gear
- Eye protection
- Students are required to wear eye and ear protection in our classes!
- Ear protection
- We strongly recommend electronic muffs
- Note-taking gear (ie: pen and paper)
- Clothing appropriate to the weather (rain gear is also good – we shoot rain or shine)
- A packed lunch you can eat on the range.
- A water bottle or camelbak (we will have a water cooler on the range)
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
*The links above are just intended to serve as examples/recommendations for the listed gear. Students are not required to bring the exact thing in the links, just the same type of item.